Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carter's First Plane Ride


Hello from California everyone!  It is so beautiful here and the weather is perfect.  Yall.  I just have to brag on Carter.  I swear I have THE BEST child on this Earth.  I know you other parents beg to differ :).    But Seriously, he did so good.  He didn't even attempt to cry one time.  The security is always a pain but that was the worst part about the whole trip.  I am so glad that Sydney told me to have all my liquids handy because they had to open each and every bottle and medicine.  But if that was the worst part then I guess I should count my lucky stars.  I will give you a run down while we go through the pictures.

This was right when we sat down on our first flight.  It was not too bad.  It was only about an hour.  We were the first ones on the plane.  I think he loved every minute of it.  Since it was only an hour we saved all of the fun stuff for the second flight.  We were lucky because the plane was not full and Carter got to sit in his car seat in his very own plane seat without paying for one!  We timed the bottle just right for take off so it would not hurt his ears as bad.



Even thought we were on vacation Carter still wanted to go to school.  He was such a good student.  He actually tried to get mad when we put up the books.  We read our ABC book, our farm animal book, and the bright cool books that Aunt Abbie got us.


In between flights we had to ride the shuttle train to the next flight.  So Carter not only got to ride on his first plane ride but also a tram!  I think he loved the shuttle tram ride just as much.  He could not stop looking around at everything.




Here is the second flight.  It lasted 4 hours so I knew we had to entertain him for a while.  Plus, this plane was full so we had to hold Carter the whole time.  I know that 16 pounds does not sound very heavy but man after 4 hours it sure get's that way.  




After we took off from the second flight he fell asleep pretty fast.  For some reason he did not want to lay down very long, but still wanted to sleep.  So he slept while sitting up?!?  Silly Kid



Then after he woke up from about a 20 minute power nap he was ready to go.  So we got out the DVD player.  Again, so thankful that I asked Sydney for advice because I would not have had that.  It saved us!  He loved it and it kept him occupied for a while.  

I don't think the man in the background wanted to listen to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I dared him to say something....haha.  This guy was cracking us up!!


Carter also ate a lot of peas and liked them.  He didn't even make a mess.  I had already put my camera up and it was at the bottom of my back pack so I didn't get it out.

After both plane rides, a lot of people commented on how good Carter was.  There were women that sat behind us that wanted us to pass him back if we ever got tired (we didn't, of course).  I think they all were dreading the flight because they were near a baby and it shocked them how good he was.  He didn't even have a screaming and talking spell.  My child is an All-Star!

























No comments:

Post a Comment