Tuesday, October 25, 2011

6 Month Check up and Squash

Yesterday Carter had his 6 month check up at 2:00 with Dr. King.  We really like Dr. King.  He is really good with Carter and has a good personality.  He made fun of my mom yesterday.  It was pretty funny.  My big boy weighed 15 pounds 14.5 ounces which put him in the 20th percentile.  His length is 27.5 inches and that puts him in the 75 percentile.  His head is 17 inches and that places him in the 30th percentile.  I still have a long skinny baby!!  I was still concerned that he was a little underweight, since last time he was in the 25th percentile, but Dr. King said I should not be worried.  He said if his percentile keeps going down after his other visits then we might start looking into it.  But he eats like a horse, is still growing, meeting all of milestones a little early, and very healthy so I don't guess I need to worry about it.  He showed out for Dr. King and rolled over about 100 times, which he usually don't roll over all that much, and he screamed and talked to him the whole time.  Then he tried to grab and eat his stethoscope.  He did pretty good with his shots.  He cried for a couple seconds, then I fed him and he was fine after that.  We gave him Tylenol and he slept for a long time after.  My BFF, Holli, got to attend his appointment.  Oh how I have missed her!  It was really nice getting to catch up with her.

He loved the fish in the waiting room





Afterwards we did a little shopping and he got to ride in his little stroller.  I think he likes the little one better and so do I.  He can see everything and it is easier to push around! 

We finally got to come home after doing some running around.  The first thing we did was go to Mia's house and eat some squash for the first time.  I was a little worried because he didn't like eating the cereal so much and when he did eat it, he didn't eat very much of it.  When he took his first bite of squash he didn't know what to think.  But after that he ate the whole thing and wanted more!  I was so happy and relieved.







Then we got in the floor, until daddy got home from hunting, and played with our tractor.  He loves this little tractor.  He usually does not want any of the animals in the back of his trailer, especially the cow.  Yesterday, he was very interested in how the tires worked and turned.  He kept turning the tractor on its side and examining them.  He is very curious and I love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment