Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dallas

Mom and I decided to go to Dallas, TX on a whim.  There is a retirement home group that is coming and staying with us today and going diamond hunting.  I think they are getting about 23 rooms.  Mom wanted to go to Dallas to get something nice and put in each of their rooms.  So Tuesday night we decided to go to Dallas yesterday morning at 7:00 a.m.  We really had a good time and I think that is something that we both needed.  We have decided that we are just going to make that trip every once in a while.  It was very laid back and there was no schedule that we had to keep so we just did whatever we wanted to.  It was a t-shirt, sweat pants, hair in ponytail with no makeup kind of day.  I was looking a hot mess.  I thought about taking pictures, then I looked in the mirror.  We stopped at lots of stores but my most favorite was called Buy Buy Baby.  It was a step up from Babies R Us.  We got Carter some really cute and nice things.  We bought a CD that had about 12 songs on it and it said "Carter" in every song about 7 times.  He is going to love it.  I also bought him a Thanksgiving outfit that says Thankful for Daddy on it.  Nick was proud of it.  I could see it all over his face.  I bought me a couple of really cute winter dresses. 

It was a very nice bonding day for Mom and me.  We are closer than we have ever been and I am loving that.  We have always been close but it seems our relationship just keeps getting stronger and stronger.  I really hope that I have a daughter one day and we are as close as we are. 

Carter stayed with his daddy all day long.  I know that Nick really enjoyed it.  I think yesterday was the first time that he has actually spent all day with him...BUT it was also the first time for me to be away from him all day.  I think I called about 7 times checking on them and looked in the backseat to check on him about 100 times.  It was a good experience for both Nick and I though.  We both survived.  Nick took some pictures for me.  Of course, NONE of them have Nick in them which is what I wanted.  Stubborn!!!  Nick said that Carter got hold of a hunting magazine and went to town ripping it to pieces then wanted to put each piece in his mouth.  Then when he would not let him he said that Carter literally growled.  I think Mr. Carter may be developing impatience and a slight attitude.  I'm in for it!

2 comments:

  1. We have a buy buy baby in Tulsa but I never went in there before. I guess I will have to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT has one of those CD's, the Elmo one. They are so cute! I just bought one for Emma (my niece) for Christmas. You will love it just as much as him! :) And I seen that "thankful for daddy" outfit, but I went with the "Gobble Gobble Gobble" instead. I figured that suited my fat child best. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete