Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Favorite New Toy

Well, the cold is here whether we want it to be or not.  I am very indecisive about this.  I really did not like the 110 weather that we were having before but I am also not a fan of cold weather.  I do not mind the cold if I am playing in snow or skiing and have about 9 layers on, but other than that I am not a fan.  Poor Carter.  I am one of those mothers that worry when it comes to my child.  No telling how many layers I am going to put on him.  Yesterday we went to Texarkana with my mom for a check-up and Carter had on a yellow, long sleeve football shirt and navy pants with a yellow stripe down the side.  I didn't put anything on his head.  By the time the day was over he had a red Razorback t-bog on with it and a baby blue blanket on top of him.  I'm sure people were thinking that I was colored blind.  At least his socks matched.

While Carter and I were in the waiting room waiting for my mom to get out Carter decided he wanted to talk to me.  He was just babbling and babbling very loud.  Then all of a sudden he started screaming like a little girl.  He was very excited about something and screaming as loud as he could.  At first other people thought it was very cute and funny but then after it went on for about 30 minutes I got a lot of dirty looks and caught some eye rolling.  I tried to explain to Carter that no one wanted to hear him scream and that it was rude but that did not help.  It was windy and raining outside so we were not going out there.  But then I thought, I am never going to see these people again so they can just deal with it.  He was having so much fun.  No more taking him to big church with us!  He has been doing that for a couple days now and when he gets started there is not stopping him.  Even if we put a bottle in his mouth he still hums really loud.  And when he talks, he moves his mouth like he is saying actual words.  It's precious.

He found a new toy that absolutely amazes him.  He has always liked music and singing.  Then he found a toy on his little playground that lights up.  That amazed him for a while.  Then his next favorite toy was a mirror.  He loves looking at himself in it.  Now, I found a toy in his closet that I had no idea he had and it is a little dog.  It has a mirror on its belly, his feet light up, and it sings and plays music when you squeeze the ears.  Oh happy day it was for Carter!!!  He acts like I would if I was holding a million dollars in my hands.  I put it a little ways in front of him and he tries his hardest to crawl towards it.  He gets his feet going and his butt goes into the air, but he can't quite figure out what to do with his arms.  He is so close though!  I give him about 2-3 weeks until I have a traveling child.









No comments:

Post a Comment