Friday, October 21, 2011

Today is a BIG Day!

So sorry about my Debbie Downer post yesterday.  It does break my heart but I do not have to break everyone else's heart at the same time.

I have some HUGE news!  My baby boy Carter is 6 months old today.  6 months is half a year people!  I thought about having an itsy bitsy birthday party for him but I thought that may be going a little overboard.  So I have just decided to throw him a huge birthday party when he turns 1.  Today is going to be all about him the whole time when I get off work.  The day is always about him but we are going to play play play!  I am not doing one dish, one load of laundry, or one ounce of cleaning.  I am not leaving his side the entire time.  We are going to do all of his favorite things: watch mommy act like a fool dancing around and whooshing my pony tail all over the place, read a book or two, waller around in his diaper, play flying super hero baby, scream til' we can't scream any more, watch a couple cartoons, and we may even take TWO baths since we love them so much.  If it was not so cold we would go watch the Scrappers play tonight.  We went to the last one and he loved every minute of it.  He smiled at everyone and he loved when everyone screamed and shook their noise makers.  2:00 can't get here fast enough!

My big boy is starting to pull up....oh boy!!  I was watching TV yesterday while I was in the floor with him and I looked away from him for just a minute.  I was on my knees and had my hands in front of me.  He grabbed my hands and pulled himself right on up like he had been doing it for months.  You could tell that he was so proud of himself.  It kinda shocked me and I think it kinda shocked him.  I grabbed him and praised him for what he had just done, set him down, then walked off so I could have a moment of panic.  I can't take him growing up!  Just can't.  We need a pause button on life.  Come on inventors!  Step up your game!

No comments:

Post a Comment