Thursday, September 22, 2011

Playing Hookey

Yesterday, Carter and I decided to play Hookey.  He slept for most of the day Tuesday.  He does that when he has some fever.  So by 4:00 A.M. Wednesday morning he was up and ready to go.  I put him in bed with  me and we watched cartoons until about 7:15.  I could not hold my eyes open any longer and made Nick take him for a couple of hours.  He was still running 101-102 fever.  If it goes through today then we are making an appointment to the doctor.  Even though he was running fever and not feeling that well he could still get enough strength to smile and laugh.  Babies and small kids are so tough.  I am not sure why Carter keeps getting fever and no other symptoms that come with it.  He gets really high fever at least once a month.  He is teething but his doctor said that teeth would not cause that much fever.  His fever got up to 103 earlier yesterday morning.  I figured it might be something he is allergic to but I called Children's Hospital and talked to a nurse (yes, I am one of THOSE mothers) and she said that if it was an allergic reaction to something then he would have other symptoms like rash or swelling.  Who knows....I guess some babies just do that sometimes.  Last time we went to the doctor he had 104 fever and he was kicking and laughing at the doctor.  Doc looked at me like....and why are you here?!  So, I have just been giving him Tylenol every 4 hours and giving it some time instead of rushing him to the doc.  Even though my sidekick was sick, it was still such a blessing to spend the entire day with him.  To you mothers that do not have to work and can spend time with your child every day at home, count your lucky stars!  I am trying to talk my boss into letting me go part time with full time pay....I'm sure not getting my hopes up :)


I think he was faking it just so I would stay home and play :)



Even though he was sick and did not feel like himself he still felt well enough to go to school.  He was the best student ever!  Think I go overboard?  He actually loves the flash cards and really acts interested.  It keeps his attention for a long time, just as books do.


Look closely at his toes.  When he concentrates his four little toes curls up.  So cute!

P.S. 2nd day of  boot camp was just as hard as the first and the pain I was feeling Tuesday, it doubled.  Another workout tonight and I can't move.  We'll see how this goes.  This has been a pretty rough week for this Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment