Friday, September 23, 2011

Flying Super Hero Baby

I'm so glad that I didn't take Carter to his doctor yesterday.  He no longer has fever.  It broke Wednesday night at some point.  He felt so much better yesterday and back to being just normal Carter.  I figured out why he got sick and made me stay home on Wednesday.  It was his 5 month birthday!!  We celebrated all day long and I even sang to him.  The day was completely about him and I got to hold and play with him all day.  I would get really happy then want to start crying....haha.  5 months already?!  How could that be?  It's funny because when I go shopping for him I always see a newborn suit and pick it up to buy it before I look at the tag and realize it says newborn.  They always look like they should fit him.  I just can't get it through my head that he is wearing 6-9 month size.  It just does not seem possible. 

It is all happening way to quickly and I can't stand it.  I love watching him learn, explore, and ponder on everything but does he have to get older and bigger?  I always thought it was so dumb that my mom cried on our first days of school, prom, when I left for college, when she would not look at me on my wedding day so she would not fall apart, or when I became a mother.  I now understand completely.  I am going to be a basket case when these days come for my Carter.  I guess you just have to have a child to understand that feeling.

Here are some pictures of yesterday

He came to work to see me
Mom, Dad, and Carter went next door to Western Sizzlin and came back chewing on a lemon rind.  He loves it.  Don't worry, once he has teeth, we won't let him.


When we got home he decided to be the Flying Super Hero Baby


Daddy can always make him laugh





No comments:

Post a Comment