Thursday, September 8, 2011

19 Weeks and Teething

My baby is 19 weeks old today.  Next Thursday he will be five months old!  I can't believe it.  I really do not know where 19 weeks have gone.  Carter never stops amazing me and I feel like I am the luckiest mother in the world.  He is such a good boy and learning new stuff every day.  He smiles for the most part of the day.  I am so thankful that God gave Nick and I such a happy baby.  Sometimes, he can not even drink a bottle because he is too busy smiling.

My poor little guy is teething right now.  He has been rubbing his gums with the back of his hands for a couple days now and he has been waking up quite a bit at night.  My sister in law, Abbie, told me that they let their son, Nolan, chew on a cold wet wash cloth or some ice.  I tried that with Carter but, like his momma, he hates the cold.  I went and got some Baby Orajel.  I got the nighttime kind and some dissolvable teething tablets.  We tried the tablets and they seemed to work.  He went right to sleep for a short nap.  Then when we were putting Carter down for bed, I rubbed the Orajel on his gums and he started SCREAMING.  It scared us.  I put some in my mouth and it burned like Listerine Mouthwash and tasted like cough medicine.  No wonder he screamed.  My tongue was numb for about an hour though.  After the burn went away, he slept all night.  I don't think the burn is worth it though so I am going to get a different kind today after work.  Poor thing...he looked at me like...WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO ME?!?! 
So instead of jumping, he was more interested in eating Mr. Johnny Jump Up

Some pictures of Carter and his people








1 comment:

  1. Hope little man gets his teeth soon! Kade started teething at about 4 months and his tooth just now came through. Sure hope Carter gets his sooner so it quits bothering him. Give him kisses from me!

    ReplyDelete