Monday, September 19, 2011

Busy Weekend!

We had a pretty busy weekend.  And to those of you that read this, when you see me you have the right to forehead slap me because I did not take one single picture with my camera because I forgot it. 

Friday night we were originally going to go over to Nick's parent's house and visit with Nolan, Neil, and Abbie.  Nolan got really sick so they did not end up coming down.  I was going to go visit with Britni, Drew, and Myken Saturday all day but my mom and dad decided that they wanted to go watch the Scrapper game against CAC Friday night.  I just thought it would be smart if I rode up with them and visited with Britni Friday night and Saturday morning.  I had a wonderful time with Brit and we got to do some catching up.  Her baby boy, Myken, is so precious and wonderful.  I am beyond happy for them.  My Carter was such a good boy and did not even whimper one time.  He was all smiles all weekend long.  Friday night, Mom, Dad, Carter, and I stayed in a really nice hotel.  I made a really soft bed on the floor for Carter and put pillows all around him.  He seemed to like it because he slept pretty hard.

Saturday we drove home from Little Rock and stopped at Old Navy on the way.  I got Carter some really cute winter clothes.  The prices are not all that bad there.  I will definitely be doing more shopping for him there.  We met in Hope and ate Sheba's for my Papa's birthday celebration.  I go there so much to eat, I am at a first name basis to them.  Papa loved it because all of the attention was on him the whole night.  He got almost 200 dollars from everyone!  Again, Carter was wonderful :)

Sunday, we went to church.  It was a very emotion service.  It was Brother David and Mrs. Anna's last Sunday to preach as our pastor of the church.  He is retiring.  I took it kinda hard because everything big that has happened in my life he and his wife have always been there.  They saved and baptized me and Nick, were there when my Mema and Papa passed away, gave me a wedding and baby shower, directed and pastored my wedding, and came to visit whenever Carter was born.  I just cannot imagine anyone else doing the job that they have done.  We had a lunch for them afterwards and again, Carter was all smiles the whole time.

After the church service we went and visited cousins Tonya and Sumo.  They were wonderful and loved Carter.  I love their house.  It is very welcoming and I think the house fits them very well.  Carter laughed at Tonya the entire time.  They will be great parents one day (hopefully sooner than later).

After we left Tonya and Sumo's we went and visited Grams and Grumps.  Carter finally had a fussy spell because he was so dog tired, but did not want to go to sleep.  He didn't give up easily but he finally lost the battle and fell asleep.  After a 15 minute nap he was in a wonderful mood and back to his happy go lucky self. 

Not too long ago, I bought this little jewel.
The Baby Bullet.  Was I a little gullible when I bought it?  Probably.  I know that it is just as good to get a normal blender to make his food that I already have at home but it would not be as cute, right?!  No preservatives for my precious baby boy.  It is actually really neat.  The book it comes with gives a lot of different recipes and what are good "first" foods and when to give certain foods whenever he is a little older and foods that might be harder on their belly.  It also gives examples of good eating schedules and when would be the best time of day to feed him.  As you can see, it also comes with several different things to store his food in.  I'm pretty excited to use it.  I have done a little research and for the cost of a two pack pre-made shelved meal, you can make ten meals for that same price.  Also, a premade shelved meal has a lifespan of 3 years.  I would not feed myself a three year old banana and I am surely not going to feed my baby that.  No thank you!  For those that do buy the premade meals, no judgement there.  I know that if I had to work until 5 or so every day or if I had several children to take care of than I would probably do the same.  I get off at two so I have time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment