Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Party Planning

I have decided to go ahead and plan Carter's 1st birthday party.  I figure it will be a lot easier on me if I go ahead and get it done.  Waiting until the last minute to do something like this drives me insane.  He will be 1 in 3 short months.  I have looked and looked for a theme for several weeks and there is one that I keep going back to.  The rest of them just kinda look a little girly to me and if it didn't I just didn't like the look of it really.  Plus, the theme had to pass the inspection test by macho daddy and he REFUSED to allow me to have a girly theme and I REFUSED to have a camo/hunting party.  So, here is what we both agreed on:



You can't ever go wrong with a sports theme for a boy.  Since Nick and I both played sports I thought that it would be pretty cool.  I wanted to go with something that was not so babyish too.  Nick calls Carter his little all-star all the time so I thought that it made it extra special.  There will be kids of all ages there so I guess I wanted them to enjoy it too.  I am having so much fun planning this!!  I even have his cake and cupcakes all figured and drawn out for the cake dude and I have all of his decorations found.  So all I have to do is punch in how many of what and order it then I'm done.  The prices from a website that I found are unbeatable.  I am also excited that his birthday is on a Saturday so his big birthday bash will be on his actual birthday.  Today I am on a mission to find him a 1 year old birthday suit to match his theme. 

I can't wait to make his day allllll about him the whole day.  I sure hope he is in a good mood!!  That is one thing that I am going to do for my kids.  They are going to have huge birthday parties.  I mean, come on....it's a day set aside one day out of the year to celebrate the day they came into this world.  That's a big deal!  It is going to be one day that makes them feel so special.  Will he remember his first birthday?  No....but we will have pictures and a video to show him how much he is loved.

His shelves for his playroom are being put in today along with my new door.  I am going to have a great surpise when I get home.  I have no idea what the shelves are going to look like so I am so excited.  Nick and I will still have to stain them but that's the easy part.  I picked up my door Saturday and I am so in love with it.  It is even prettier than what the display looked like.  I'm excited to go home!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment