Thursday, January 5, 2012

Daniel Fast

So, two of my new year's resolutions were to lose weight and become closer to God.  I want to lose weight for several reasons:
  1. I am wearing the same thing every week because most of my clothes still don't fit me.  I really don't feel like going out and buying a new wardrobe.  I only have about 5-8 more pounds but they are so hard to get rid of.
  2. I think I would feel so much better if I looked and ate better.  Lots of times feel just kinda sluggish because I don't eat things that are good for me.
  3. I want to set a good example for Carter on good eating habits.  He is not going to eat well if his parents don't.  End of story.
I want to be closer to God because as a Christian I need to know Him better than I do now.  My relationship is not where it needs to be with Him.  I need Him in so many ways in my life.  Being married and a parent is really hard!  I need God to be my rock.  When I come against a wall and I have so many questions I just want to be able to take a knee, have a conversation with him, and have some answers.  I want Him to lead me in the direction He wants me to go.  I want to become a more positive person.  Too many times I get a bad attitude and don't look on the bright side of things.  That's a horrible habit to start and I know it makes me look and feel horrible.

So, I have come up with a plan.  Well, actually I got my plan from someone else's plan.  I was reading my Aunt Patty's status and she said that she was going to start the Daniel Fast.  She told me to google it and I did.  You should too.  It's a fast that brings your body, soul and spirit closer to God. 

It's not like I am not going to be eating.  I can have three sensible meals a day with snacks, but there are restrictions.  No sugar, additives, bread, ect.  The website says to welcome and enjoy the hunger pangs and then control them with your focus on your goal and on God.


So my focus will be on my son and my marriage.  I want Carter to know God and I want to set the best possible example for him.  I want our marriage to lean toward and more Godly home: reading our Bible and praying together. 

Anyways...anyone want to do it with me? 


Oh...and just thought I should let all of you know...the piggies died Thursday.  No iron.  Sorry I have not mentioned that but I was too busy celebrating I mean mourning their death.

No comments:

Post a Comment