Monday, January 16, 2012

Checking Cows

Friday morning Carter and I went to Nana's house and ate breakfast.  After that my dad came over and wanted to take Carter to check the cows and I decided to go too.  Carter loves it!!!  Don't worry we were just in the pastures.  Otherwise he would have been in his car seat.  Carter really drives!!  Dad goes a long time without touching the steering wheel.  I was pretty impressed.  Carter loves every second of it and I am pretty sure that my dad enjoys it 100 times more.



Saturday I went to Texarkana to spend time with my best friend Holli.  We had such a good time!  We did some much needed catching up.  She now lives in Dallas for chiropractic school.  I feel so far from her and I HATE it.  I know we didn't see each other enough before but it felt good knowing that she was only an hour away.  I think I asked her to drop out and move back for me but I don't think she went for it.

Pierce Arrow was amazing yesterday.  I am so glad that I went.  Lots and lots of laughs and great music.  I got to see family that I don't get to see all that much and it was great.  I am so proud of my little cousin Loredana.  She is such a joy and becoming such a mature and happy young lady.  You can tell that she really cares for other people.  My Papa is so crazy about her and she does such a good job making him feel special.

Carter has decided that he likes the whole crawling thing.  My dad has taken all the credit for this.  He still likes to be on his feet more but he has accepted the fact that he has a while until he can do that by  himself.  For the most part he has limited himself to crawling just on the big rug in the living room.  Thank goodness!  Every now and then he will venture off to the kitchen.  I am not ready to have to follow him all the time yet.  Our rock fireplace scares me to death.  Any chance he gets, he crawls over to it and pulls up.  I am proud of him for that but he is still a little shaky on his feet.  Time to put some padding on it.

It is like a light bulb has come on in Carter's head.  He is really figuring out everything so fast.  He is getting too smart for his own good.  Kinda scary.  It hurts my soul that he is going to grow up.  I refuse to accept that he is going to be one soon.  REFUSE!!  He is NOT in size 12 month clothes right now. Nope.

I have decided not to baby proof the house.  The only cabinet that I might close off is the cleaning supplies that under the sink.  Yes, I will put the plugs in the outlets and put stuff that will hurt him from the lower cabinets to the higher ones, but I am going to let him explore them and let him get it out of his system.  I am going to teach him not to bother breakables.  It's a very good time to start teaching him what acceptable and what's not.  I was told by many mothers to do that because if you close off everything in the house and they do go somewhere that is not baby proofed then they are going to go crazy trying to get into them.  It may change but that's the plan right now.

Here is something crazy.....I am getting the newborn baby fever.  WHAT??!!!  There are lots of people that are having babies left and right.  I held my cousin's little newborn baby a couple weeks ago and I missed Carter being that small so much.  I would give anything for him to be that small again.  No, we are not going to have a baby anytime soon because Nick does not like that idea.  I would have another one in a heartbeat.  It would be tough but who cares!!  I think Carter would love a little sibling.  But, it is going to be at least 2-3 years.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment