Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pierce Arrow

My mom had to go to Little Rock with  my dad for some meetings today so Nick has to keep Carter all by himself until 2.  That should be very interesting.  I wish I could see him try to feed him with a spoon.  I don't think he has ever done it before.  It is very tricky with Carter because, like me, he gets very very excited when he sees his food.  He does not wait for you to bring the spoon to him.  Instead he leans forward so fast and you never know when he is going to do it.  He keeps you on your toes!  When we are at home, it is just easier to put him in his diaper and that's it because we make a mess!!  And her recently he has started wiping his mouth (with food all over it) with his hands then rubbing his hair or his eyes.  Crazy kid!  I made what I know he will go bonkers for: bananas and pears.  So he will be double excited.  Sorry Nick....maybe you will really feel bad about not ever helping me feed him.

So, Carter is not happy unless he is on his feet standing or walking.  If there is nothing around him to pull up on then he gets very antsy and kinda fussy.  He REFUSES to crawl over to something to pull up.  So we have to go over to him, set him up on his feet and he is a happy camper.  He is starting to crawl more, but he goes backwards.  Always.  But he only crawls just for the heck of it.  Not to get something or because he is wanting to get somewhere.  I am thinking we are just going to have to let him get mad and cry until he figures out we are not going to run and pick him up anymore.

He is getting very good at self soothing himself back to sleep at night.  I think he woke up about 4 times last night and we did not go in to rub on him.  He cried for about a minute each time and went right back to sleep.  His gums are definitely bothering him.  I am looking for another tooth to come in any day now.  I hope very soon so he can get some relief again.

I have a very fun and busy weekend ahead.  Carter will be spending lots of time with Nick's parents, my parents, and my Nana.  Tomorrow Nick and I are going to a Celebrating Home party, Saturday I'm going to Texarkana to see my best friend Holli, and Sunday my Nana and I are going to watch Pierce Arrow in Magnolia.  Pierce Arrow has a very funny comedian and great singers.  Awesome and clean entertainment.   We always go see them in Branson so we were so excited when we found out they were coming to Arkansas.  We are meeting others there too that we can't wait to see.

So until after the weekend....be safe and happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment