Thursday, December 1, 2011

I just love sleeping all night long without getting interrupted.  Oh wait, I forgot what that is like because it has not happened in 7 months.  I slept a total of 3 hours last night and had to be at work at 5:45 this morning.  Carter and I got a lot of bonding time in last night.  He was a happy camper as long as I was holding him.  I usually let him try to self soothe himself back to sleep but he is sick so I knew there would not no self soothing going on.  I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has a virus and cutting another tooth.  He weighs 17 1/2 pounds.

When he lays down his nose gets stopped up and it gets hard for him to breathe and he coughs a lot more.  So the three hours that he did sleep was on me or in his swing.  Nick was NO help.  It is not his fault though.  I think he is starting to get his feelings hurt because Carter only wants me right now.  He has been doing that for about a week now.  Nick used to put him to sleep, but he will only go to sleep when I am rocking him.  Has my heart grown 100 times bigger?  Of course!  Nick just does not understand the connection that a child has with their mother, especially when they are sick.  I know that one day I will be getting my feelings hurt because he will only want to be with his daddy. 

We were not given any more antibiotics because he was just on a very strong dose for the passed 10 days and we have to wait at least a full week to see if he needs more.  Plus, he is still smiling, playing, eating all of his food, drinking every drop of his bottle, and there is not fever so he probably would not give him any antibiotics anyways so he can build an immune system.  So, we just have to ride it out.

To brighten things up a bit I am excited about a recent purchase that I made.  My recipe book that I got for Carter's first 3 years came in  yesterday.  I was running out of ideas of what to make for him.  I love it and it gives me so many options.  It gives lists of things that are safe to give him before 1 year and things not to give him.  I am so thankful for that because I didn't have a clue.  It is sooo much fun making his food.  I know that he is getting all that he needs and no preservatives!!  It gives me a good feeling.  Plus, I have people who help me make it.  It is usually me, Nana, and Mom and we have fun!  The oatmeal is the hardest to make because it is steel cut oats.  We make it from scratch for him.   It takes about 25-30 minutes and we do it about 3 times a week.  Steel cut oats are generally less processed than instant oatmeal and infant oatmeal and contain more nutrients.  Only the best for my precious boy!

2 comments:

  1. Baby's being stopped up are THE WORST!! have u tried putting a rolled up towel or something underneath the top part of his mattress to elevate it? Or I used to let B sleep in her bouncy chair next to my bed. And a humidifier! Sorry if I'm bothering you... I just know it's annoying and I've tried anything and everything!

    Oh! And I bought these Vicks vapor things that plug in and put those in her room. They're safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sydney but I have tried all of that too. The Baby Vicks and vaporizer have been the latest things that I have tried and it really helps. And when I put something under his mattress he just rolls to the other end and his head is always lower than his feet. ALWAYS!
    Silly kid.

    ReplyDelete