Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fun in the Sun

The weather was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l yesterday and Carter and I took full advantage of it!   I have decided no more tv for little Carter.  Well maybe 10 minutes of it a day but that's it.  We are going outside and exploring!  He is getting to where he is trying to say words that I say to him.  He don't actually say the words but he tries so hard.  When I say "grass" he says "gus".  When I say "truck" he makes the "t" sound.  It is so much fun watching him try to mimic me.

I took him outside yesterday, in just his diaper, and set him in the rocks in our drive way.  He was loving sitting here picking out the rocks that he liked and listening to me talk about the rocks and dirt.  And he actually got dirty and it did not bother him.


After playing with the rocks for a long time he decided it would be a good idea to eat them so we decided to go in.  Plus, I know a little sun is good for him but just a whole lot is not so I would have went in anyways.  When we got inside he threw such a huge fit to go back outside.  So that's what we did.  Since we waited too late to spray and get rid of all the stickers in our yard, we had to use a blanket.  We stayed out there for a very long time (under a shade tree) drinking juice and eating snacks, watching all the trucks go by, talking about the birds in the sky, and playing with different things like grass and bark.  His little mind was learning and soaking it all in.  He was loving every minute of it and so was I.


After being out there for several hours we had to get dressed so we could go into town.  He was whining the entire time I was getting him ready because he was so sleepy and also wanted to be outside.  We had to go to the hotel so we could check rooms that the maids cleaned and also go through the mail that came in and sign for them all.  When we left Carter fell asleep and that gave me time to get my oil changed and grab some lunch.  When we got home it was lunch time.  We have never eaten outside before so that's what we did....and we will be doing it every day that I am off if the weather permits.  He loved it.

Overall, we had a very very good day.  All smiles the whole time.  My child is great.

_________________________________________________________________

I just wanted to share these pictures that were hanging up at Carter's party.  Jenna Lane Photography took them and they are so great!!!  They are a little blurry because I took a picture of a picture with my crappy phone...so sorry.  And it don't even show the whole thing but I wanted to get a close up of his beautiful smile.  They are poster size and they look like covers of sports magazines.




I also managed to get his playroom somewhat organized and decorated.  I used the decorations from his party.


Poor kid, I don't know what in the world he will do with his time.  He just don't have enough toys.











No comments:

Post a Comment