Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Storms

Carter and I had a blast yesterday on his 7 month birthday.  Currently, his most favorite thing to do is rip up paper into little pieces.  So I got a magazine out and he went to town.  He gets very serious and concentrates so hard on his masterpiece that he is trying to create.  Paper and arms fly everywhere!  Then when he is done he loves to be praised for all the hard work that he just did.  So I clap and yell "Way to go Carter!".  He just smiles really big and then starts back up again then looks back at me until I praise him again.  I have to stand there and monitor the whole time though, because every now and then he will try to eat a piece.  We also read about 5 or 6 books a couple times each and watched cartoons.  That was the first time in a very long while that I actually got to spend the whole day with him at the house, during the week, without him being sick.  We did not step outside all day.  He got to waller around in his diaper and I don't think that I got out of sweat pants.  He was in a good mood all day.  He also had two 1 hour naps.  His naps are starting to get longer, thank goodness!

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying spending more time with him.  The best decision that I have made so far is cutting back my work hours.  He is so fun and very rarely in a fussy mood.  I love how he loves me so much. 

Here lately he has fallen in love with food.  He is now eating 3 full blown meals every day.  First thing in the morning, he eats oatmeal and apples.  Then for his lunch and dinner he eats his fruits and veggies.  This is the second week that mom and I made him sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and applesauce all mixed together.  He can't get enough of it.  Every day his amount keeps going up.  He ate about 5 ounces yesterday in one sitting.  Plus he had about 4 bottles. What a pig!  Next week I'm thinking avocado and pears....we'll see.

Nick and I put up the Christmas tree.  While Mom and I put the final touches on, Nick was giving Carter a bath and getting him ready for bed so he really didn't get to look at and have pictures made with his first Christmas tree.  Tonight!!! 

So....storms.  I hate them, especially with a baby in the next room.  Last night, around 9:30, I had just gotten in bed.  My phone rings and it was mom saying that I need to come to their house because tornadoes were coming our way.  Their house has a downstairs that is underground.  She said that Dad had gotten a lot of phone calls and that he was going to sound off the tornado sirens in town.  Carter had been in bed for a while and sleeping so good!  I got together some work clothes for me and some clothes for Carter.  Nick got Carter out of his crib and loaded him up in the car.  I was not over at their house 5 minutes and Dad said..."well I guess they turned the other way.  They are going to miss us".  Awesome.  While there Carter had seen the "puppy dogs" and he got all excited.  Needless to say, it took a while to get Carter back to sleep when I got home.  I guess it's always better to be safe than sorry!  The one time I would not go over to their house is the time when a tornado would really hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment