Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Second Half of Cali

The rest of our vaca was wonderful. 

We had our second Halloween celebration.  Cruella De Vill and the precious Dalmatian puppy.




The next day we went shopping at The Grove.  That is where Mario Lopez's (Slater on Saved By the Bell) show is.  I was two feet from him! I got to be the cool person in the background clapping so I could be on his show.  Anyone see me?!?  I wanted Carter's picture taken with him.  He was interviewing Precious.  On the way there I took this cool picture of the tree with all the roots growing out of the ground.  They were everywhere.  I thought it was pretty cool.



The next day we went shopping ALL DAY LONG!!  We had so much fun.  We went to Santee Street.  The prices were great and there were a lot of really neat things for sale.  I got 3 pair of jeans and two dresses.  Carter was carried all day and did not fuss one time.  I just can't tell you how amazed I was at him all week long.  He was literally a little angel.  My mom's long time best friend from High School went shopping with us.  She is so sweet!

Later that evening we had an awesome visit from my cousin Derrick (sorry if I spelled your name wrong).  For me, it was like meeting him for the first time.  Mom said that he came to Arkansas long ago, but I was too young to remember.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed him.  He was never at a loss for words, which was great.  We all but got on our knees and begged him to come to Arkansas.  He said that he would think about it.  Derrick, now that everyone knows you have been asked to come.....PRESSURE IS ON!! :)  I really hope that he does come.  Everyone would enjoy him and it's great to get out of Los Angeles, CA and come relax in the country for a bit.

The next day we took Carter to ride the carousal that my mom rode when she was a little girl.  I think I heard that it was about 95 years old or something.  He screamed and laughed the entire time.  It was going pretty fast so I didn't get a good picture.  My Uncle Louie held him.


Later that evening we went to a restaurant by the ocean. It was so beautiful. There were huge sail boats all around us. I ate entirely too much and left miserable. But oh it was so worth it!







The two plane rides home were perfect.  Carter did so good once again!  He did not cry one time.  We pretty much did the same things we did on our way to Cali.  This time Carter got his first pair of wings!!
These other two pictures are just randoms

My shirt cousin Tonya made me
I know Carter will not remember a thing about this trip but we will sure have lots of pictures for him to see one day.  I am so glad that my family in California got to meet him!  We can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment