Thursday, May 10, 2012

Yesterday was a good day.  Carter stayed with Cousin Tonya and Jared while Nick and I went to the hotel and did a little work.  Nick did the maintenance part and Dad and I worked hard on getting the swimming pool up and going.  It got hot quicker than usual this year so it snuck up on us.  But it looks really great!  New pool furniture and all!!

Nick kept Carter for me while I went and worked out.  So happy he is as involved with Carter as he is.  He does just as much if not more sometimes than me with him.  This is what I pulled up to after my workout.



Nick decided to finish baling his hay behind the house.  Carter was having the time of his life!!  He was pushing all sorts of buttons and steering the wheel as it was going.  He will be on the other tractor helping Daddy by the time he is 5.  Mark my words.  

Then after a long day of playing we got our bath and then had a little playtime before bed.  If he is not reading his books, eating, or riding his 4-wheeler, he is usually rolling something on wheels by hand.  He gets the whole truck and car thing.  He looks like a little 3 year old playing with some trucks.  He just gets it.  He takes his little trucks on all kinds of terrains.  Either a pillow, on the couch, along walls or cabinets, or even in his bath.


After playing for a while, we did what we always do before bed.....brush our teeth.  It is probably his favorite time of night.  He loves to brush his teeth.  Right when he sees me bring the tooth brush in the living room he crawls to me as fast as his little arms and legs will go with a huge smile on his face.  And after he is done, he has to brush my teeth and Daddy's teeth.


He does not actually stick the tooth brush in our mouth.  He will usually just touch our cheek or chin with it and wait for us to say thank you then he is done.  But he will not go to bed until he does that for us.  Such a sweet boy!  And most nights he will not go to sleep without the tooth brush and blanket being in bed with us.  He can be a little quirky sometimes!!

Today will be another great day!  I just know it.  I am really trying to think positive about the fact that AD, Jessica, and I are meeting at the track to run bleechers.  It is bathing suit season and Lord knows I need all the help I can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment