Monday, May 14, 2012

Warrior Dash and Mother's Day

I have had THE BEST weekend that I have had in a very long time.  Saturday morning I woke up at 6:00 a very very scared girl because I had to run my first 5k, along with obstacles, and I was NOT prepared.  I had the time of my life!!  It was so much fun!!  Warrior Dash is something that everyone should do.  I will definitely be participating in it every year.  Toshya, AD, and I stayed together throughout the whole race.  It was really hard, and I did think that I was going to pass out/throw up a couple of times but I made it.  The only time we walked was up the really really steep hills.  We ran all of the other times.  It was in the woods the whole time with the snakes and all.  Not a smooth straight rode.  I am really proud of us.  It gave me such a great feeling to cross the finish line.  The obstacles were the best part.  We had to climb over huge walls using ropes, slide down long fire fighter poles, swim in mucky water and jumping over flotation thingy's, crawling under barbed wire, jumping over fire pits, and crawling through mud.  There were a couple others too.  I am really going to try and do some more 5k's! 

The mud was or course the very last thing to go through.  So much fun!!


When I got back from the race around noon, Nick decided to take me to Texarkana.  We ate at Chili's, did a little shopping, and was going to watch a movie but everything was pretty much sold out so we went and played a round of putt putt golf.  I am really bad at that.  Really bad.  Carter stayed with my parents for the evening.  I got to be honest.  It was really nice to sit and eat quietly without having to break up food and entertain Carter for once.  It was the quickest dinner ever because we are used to having to eat so fast.

My Mother's Day was amazing too!!  We went to church and then ate with my family.  After that we decided to go ride 4-wheelers and rangers.  Carter had the time of his life and I had the time of mine watching him.  There will for sure be more Sunday's where we do that.
We let him sit in big church with us since there is some virus's going around for the babies.  Snacks, drink, and books are the secret.  He did great.


They are so gangsta

Time for a hair cut maybe?  He was driving by himself!

Had to stop and pet the goats in the back of someone's yard...haha

My Mother's Day Gift


And let me tell ya, that's a lot of love.


I turn my head for 2 seconds to pour myself a drink and.....

The kid is crazy!


I made these popsicles for my favorite little guy.  Kiwi and strawberry.  The little kit I bought just came with 4 so I am going to buy another.  No artificial colors and flavors and no added sugar!!  He can eat as many of these as he wants.  He loves them!!  He eats one to two a day outside when it's really hot.  You should try it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment