Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pageants and Chili

Our tournament in Shreveport was cancelled this past weekend.  I was so looking forward to playing.  So, instead of playing, I had to be a big girl and actually work at Southern Belle.  Then I went to Hot Springs with some friends to watch the Miss Arkansas Pageant.  I have always loved watching pageants for some reason.  I would hate to be in one and would really be a horrible contestant but I love to watch it.  We got to watch the top ten's talents.  Wow!!  The word talented does not even do them justice.  I can't imagine what would be my talent.  Showing the fundamentals of how to play softball?  Eat a cheeseburger in record time?  I would so be Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality.  And the high heals that they wore....OUCH!!  But I had a good time with my good ol' friend AD.  So glad I went.

Carter is actually doing new things!!  He is feeding himself with a spoon and doing really well, really fast.  He can now scoop things on it by himself and bring it to his mouth.  The food don't always stay on the spoon, but he gets it, and I am so thankful for that.  I am just afraid I have a little lefty.  He does it with with left hand every time and when I put it in his right hand, it is very awkward for him.  He has so much more control with his left.  He eats finger foods with his left, as well as play with toys and roll and throw balls.  Nick, my dad, and Nick's dad are lefty's so he will have plenty of help learning how to do things with that hand, if that's what he ends up being.  I favor him more on being a righty, because everything in this world is pretty much made for them.  But I guess either way is fine.

His other new thing is going into another room when he has to go #2.  He does this at our house, anyways.  He will go into our dining room and crawl under the table and do his business.  Mom suggested that I buy a little potty and when he heads for the room, sit him on it.  Since he knows when he is about to go, she said it would be a great time to start.  So, that's probably what I will do.

He is still a mess!!  Still figuring stuff out all the time.  I had the Cheerio box in the living room floor about to give him a snack, but I forgot the bowl in the kitchen.  So I literally left him for 10 seconds and come back to this...

Like I said....a mess!  Whenever he does something like this, I always tell Nick that Carter learned it from him!!  But when he does something great, that's when he learned it from me  ;)

I had to go to the hotel for a while yesterday and Carter got to spend the afternoon with his Aunt CiCi and her nephew Bo.  From what I was told from Bo, Carter had a great time riding the ranger and looking at all the cows.  Carter sure does love CiCi and Bo.




I made some chili last night.  The chili was not the best.  It was very liquidy for some reason.  How can anyone mess up chili?  It's probably one of the easiest things to make.  Leave it to me.  I did, however, make the best key lime pie that ever existed and let's face it, the dessert is so much more important than the main meal.  Am I right?  Why yes, yes I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment