Thursday, July 26, 2012

Introducing New Things

We have not been up to much.  I have been working at the hotel and working out.  Nick has picked up golf....and he says he is terrible.  He has bought me a couple of golf clubs so that I can pick up on this little hobby too.  I have tried and my swing just looks like a terrible terrible softball swing.  Like...I even feel ugly when I attempt to hit the little bitty ball.  It's bad.  But we both enjoy the challenge so it just may be fun.  We have both been okay athletes in our prime so it's just weird being terrible at a sport.  I'm glad that our competitiveness side has eased up and that we can actually laugh at ourselves.  But I can tell ya, it's so ugly is not funny.

Carter is becoming quite the little chatterbox.  I mean, it's not actual words most of the time but he is starting to babble a lot, which he has never really done that.  He does throw juice (duce), daddy, truck (tuck), fish (fiss), and dog (do) in there every once in a while.  I love hearing his voice even it it's not actual words.  While we were at the hotel yesterday, Carter was watching the cars and trucks go by and he was saying truck over and over again.  We have been working on this for a long time.

We got Carter's potty out yesterday while he was taking a nap.  Right when he woke up and came into the living room he saw it and went right over to it and sat down.  He noticed it right off the bat....something new.  He actually loves the thing.  So if he never gets potty training down, at least we will have a seat for him to watch tv on!



I decided to go with the unisex one.  There will hopefully be another child I have to potty train one day and that other child just might be a little girl and I only want to buy one of these in my lifetime.  They had some really cute little boy ones though.  This one sings and praises the child when something hits the bottom of the bowl.  It's really funny!!  Can't wait to see his face when it starts singing while he is sitting on it.  I have a feeling that this is going to be a very long process for Carter.  He could care less whether or not his diaper if full or dry.  I know we are probably really early starting this, but we just want to get him familiar.

I put a new pair of Nike tennis shoes on Carter yesterday and he absolutely loved them.  After I put them on he stood up and looked down at his feet and smiled from ear to ear.  Then he started walking in circles while looking down at his new shoes and still smiling.  I'm not sure if it was because they were new or if he was proud of himself for walking really well in them.  Either way, it made my day.  We have always just put his Nike flip flops on that's very flexible or we have had his walking training shoes on with the very soft sole.  I knew it was time to give him some thick and heavier big boy shoes and was not sure how he would walk in them.  But he did really well.

Carter slept all night in his big bed again last night.  I'm thinking it may be time to take down and store the crib for the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment