Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Color Run

It was fun.  Next year I will be wearing protective eye wear and a face mask but you live and you learn.  My boogers are even colored.  I think we did amazing!  It was tough for me and Tosh to keep up with AD (she obviously took steroids before the race).  But we did it and we finished it in record time and we believe that it had to be our personal best.  Zero walking was involved.

Despite that it was my second time ever to stay a night away from Carter I had a great time!!  A night and day away from being a wife and mommy is good for the soul.  I got to sleep in Whitney's luxurious dreamy king size bed (without a certain little toddler pulling at my sheets wanting up with me) we ate some really good food, had some laughs, and got a really fun workout in. Felt good!! Time to find another race!!! It's pretty addicting.

Carter speech is moving right along. Instead of us asking "where's your truck?" and him point and say "there it is" we are now pointing to objects and asking him what they are so he can say them. So when we point to a bird and ask what it is his response is "duck chick" every time. He can say those two words but cant learn bird. Weird. It's pretty cute though. We are lettin him say words from his glad cards and add new ones every  now and then. But the only time he talks is when we ask him a question. He don't do it on his own free will. So if I never say anything to him I forget he is in the room he is so quiet. I'm hoping this gets better.

He is now back to giving me lots of kisses. He took a little break from it and I died inside but it's back!! I am loving it!!!!  He gives me the wettest kiss ever with his mouth wide open but it just melts me.

I have to work some tomorrow but then I plan on spending the rest of the day outside doing whatever the little king pleases.





No comments:

Post a Comment