Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Last night I got to keep Carter's best friend for a little while.  I got to give two bubble baths at the same time and make sure two little hoodlums ate good at the same time.  The bath was....interesting.  I had one wanting all the toys that the other had in his hand and the other was dumping water out of the bath tub with a full cup.  At the end of the bath I was soaked and so was the entire bathroom.  BUT IT WAS A BLAST!  It definitely sealed the deal that I for sure want another child one day and it also confirmed my want for another boy.  I can't wait for sleepovers!!

The domestic side of me is still on full throttle for some odd reason, because I would be the last person to say that I am in any way domestic by nature.  In honor of Mardi Gras I made some jambalaya in the crock pot.  It was so good!  Nick had seconds and the kids ate it up like no one's business.  It was really easy.  I was even a big girl and put in several spices such as bay leaves, oregano, parsley, and several others.  They make a difference and made my house smell amazing.  We also had mustard potato salad and roll to go along with it (bought from brookshires).

 
Then after Carter's best friend left I made me and him some breakfast that is quick and easy for mornings.  I usually like for him to eat oatmeal for breakfast on the weekends, and he eats it really well, most of the time.  But most weekends I try to have something planned for us to do instead of being cooped up in the house and it's just easier to have breakfast pre-made.  So I made these beauties.  Plus, it mixes it up a bit for him.  He usually eats yogurt with every breakfast as well.

Oatmeal muffins.
 
They are made with whole grain rolled oats, whole milk, homemade (no sugar added) applesauce, bananas, Cinnamon, vanilla, and dried raisins.  I froze them and then when we need them, I'll just pop them in the microwave and BOOM....breakfast is done!
 
My boy loves yogurt raisins from the store.  He eats them like crazy when they are offered to him.  I read the ingredients list on the back and I have just decided that they are not good for him at all.  Way too much sugar and artificial stuff.  And the "yogurt" is not real yogurt.  It's dried icing.  SO bad for his teeth.  So I got some low fat vanilla Greek yogurt and dipped raisins and blueberries in the yogurt and I froze them for a snack for Mr. Carter.  Cheaper and better for him.
 
I have also learned how to make fruit roll ups.  Just blend up whatever fruit you want, pour it out onto a cookie sheet lined with nonstick paper, and put in oven on lowest temperature until they are dried.  Cut them into little squares and roll them up.  So simple!  And again, no artificial anything or added sugar.
 
 
Those type of things just give me a better feeling as a mother, obviously.  If you want any of the recipes feel free to message me.
 
Carter gave us a 4 night streak of sleeping all night in his bed.  We really appreciated it.  But low and behold, this morning at 4 A.M. he came in our room, with one truck in each hand from his room, and wanted in our bed with us.  After attempting to play trucks for a while, he finally fell asleep at 5:30 with trucks clutched.  He is one silly kid.
 
Well, it's Valentine's Day and I am stuck at work.  All I asked from Nick is that he take me out to eat at Little Italy.  Since I am working tonight and we both got plans over the weekend, it will probably have to wait until Sunday or Monday evening.
 
Happy Valentines Day everyone!!
 
Tell all the special people in your life that you love them today!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment