Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was a blast this year.  For the most part.  Our fist Christmas gathering was at my parent's house.  Carter was the biggest whiny baby that I have ever seen.  He is SUCH a jealous little boy, but it's only at my mom's house.  Since he has been the only grandchild in the family for way over a year, he has never had to share my parents or all the toys in his playroom. 

This Christmas we had two beautiful children that we pray so hard will make Justin and Casey a family of 4.  They are two angels that God put into our lives and everyone already loves them just like they do Carter.  Carter will for sure have a little best friend....someday.  As for now, he does not like anyone to show them any kind of attention, especially my mom.

So Carter literally walked around the house just screaming, crying and throwing the biggest fit you ever did see.  So we ignored him for the most part thinking that was the quickest way to nip that in the bud.  No way are we putting up with that.  So while he was doing his thing everyone else opened up presents and had a grand ol' time. 

The next two Christmas gatherings, at my Nana's and Nick's parents, Carter did very well.  We have come to the conclusion that Carter has no idea what a present is.  He don't know that he has to unwrap them to get to the present.  So all he wanted to do was climb on the boxes or push them around like they were on wheels.  He just thinks that toys magically appear at our house in the living room.  Maybe next year, big guy.  We will work on it at our 2nd birthday.

Needless to say, Carter got waaaayyyyy to much!  Way way too much.  Both families definitely went all out for him.  We need to add on a separate garage just for all of his cars, trucks, hummers, 4-wheeler, wagon, tri-cycle, ect.  It's is so crazy in our house right now and I honestly think it is overwhelming Carter, because he has no idea where to start playing.  He still has birthday presents that have not been put together and now we have tons of Christmas presents to add to them.  It is so hard to put any of them in storage because he plays with them ALL!!  There is not a single toy that he has ever gotten that he does not play with.  It is a good problem for him to have but....it is a problem.  I have got one spoiled little boy.  His favorite toy at the moment is his remote control race tracks.  That thing that keep his attention for the longest time.  He also got his first gun that he gets to put in the gun safe with all of daddy's.  Thanks Aunt Patti!

So my plans in the next couple of days weeks are to try to find a place for everything and get my house back in order after I take the Christmas tree down along with all the other decorations.  Yippee.

And I could tell you about my stomach bug that I have had the last couple of days...but then you just may look at my differently from now on.  So I will save you those details.  Just glad it's over and that I'm back at work.  I am trying so desperately to gain back those 5 pounds lost and eating everything in sight.  Glory Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment