Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Snow Day

Yesterday was Carter's first snow day.  I was so excited when we got up so I could take some really cute pictures.  Carter went down for a nap around 9:00.  I figured it would be just one of his 20 minute ones.  I hurried and got his snow suits and layers out so we could go outside and take some pictures and I also had Nick put his wagon together that he got for Christmas.  2 1/2 hours later he woke up and it was raining and it rained for the rest of the day.  BOOOO!!!  So no pictures.  The one day that he actually takes a good long nap it had to be on his first snow day.  I was so upset.




Tonya Stanley came over around noon so we could do Cardio X from P90X.   Boy, talk about rough!  But we did manage to finish it with only taking one short (30 second) water break.  Since I worked out I was feeling pretty good about myself and asked Nick if he would get me a six inch sub from Subway...ya know...trying to be healthy and all.  He comes back with a six inch, salt and vinegar chips, two cookies, and a coke!!!!!  Yes, I ate it alllll.  After I ate every bite I got on to him for bringing that and he informed me that the cookies and coke were for him but he didn't want to stop me because I was eating them like they were going out of existence.  Neither one of us need them so I still got on to him.

After Tonya left Carter had his lunch.  For some reason he was very very hyper and got into a giggling mood and could not stop.  He would just look at me and start laughing.  After I started doing silly stuff he really got to laughing but I had to stop because he was starting to spit out his lunch all over me.  For lunch I made him whole grain wheat pasta spirals with marinara.  I made the marinara out of tomatoes, zucchini, and carrots.  He loved it!







After another hour nap we went over and ate at Grams and Grumps house.  Carter got to play with lots of new toys that Grams got for her house.  He loved them.  She got a wooden toy that came with wooden pegs and a wooden hammer.  Instead of Carter hammering the pegs out he just pulled them out with his hands and decided to put bite marks in them.  I don't guess there is a wrong way to play with a toy!

He ate so good again that night.  He had chicken for the first time.  I mixed it with sweet potatoes and green beans and he loved it.  I could not get it to his mouth fast enough.  For dessert he had watermelon and cantaloupe.  He ate so much!  Then we got home he was so wore out.  He could not even wake up for a bath so we skipped it, which we hardly ever do unless he is running a fever.  I figured he would be up a lot since he had two good naps but he slept all night long until 6:30. 

Today he will pretty much have what he ate yesterday but I made him a Valentine's Day dessert that I know he will love: Sugar free red jello with mango mixed in with it.


Happy Valentine's Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment