Wednesday, February 22, 2012

OH HAPPY DAY!!

Carter only woke up twice last night and cried for about 5 minutes the first time and 1 minute the second time.  I could tell that his cry was a cry that meant that he was not hurting so we never went in because he has gotten used to us walking in right when he made a whimper and I wanted to see how well the medicine was working.  After he realized that we were not coming in he went right back to sleep and pretty much slept all night.  He was actually in his crib and not his swing, too!  I really hope that last night was a testament of how our nights are going to be from here on out!  I have no clue what time he actually woke up this morning because I was gone by 5:30 but man I feel great and I know that Carter probably does too.  He sure needs to start sleeping a lot more, especially during the day!  He is taking his medicine, twice a day, like a pro so I have a feeling it is really going to go into effect here in a couple of days.

The food making is still rocking and rolling.  Big boy is almost off of baby food!  I am wanting him to get a little better with textures but he is eating all of his fruits, veggies, and pasta by himself.  Next I am going to start letting him eat chicken with his fingers.  Things like his oatmeal and organic brown rice I am going to still have to feed him but other than that he is doing really well doing it himself.  After he runs out of his breakfast stuff that I have already made I am going to make him some pancakes...but of course I have to use whole wheat flour, sneak some veggie puree in with the batter, and top it off with blueberries, applesauce, and possibly some banana and peaches.  I have a feeling he will love it.  Breakfast is when he gets all of his fruits and lunch and dinner he usually loads up on protein and veggies.  After he gets used to eating chicken, we are moving on to turkey.  We are going to hold off a while on red meat. 





No comments:

Post a Comment