Sunday, January 6, 2013

Good Ol' Catherine Ramble

There is not much for me to say today.

I am at work for the 12th day in a row.  Yuck.  Since it is our slow time of the year, it is also the slow time of my day.  It's my time to unwind and pretty much relax from the stress of being mom.  But it also gives me way too much time to spend on the internet and that, in turn, allows myself to feed my online shopping addiction for Mr. Richard Carter.  But he does look quite adorable (and sometimes older) in what I buy and that warms my heart.  Future GQ model in the making.

Carter is hanging out with Nick and his parents today.  Probably eating everything in sight like he usually does.  The kid loves his food!  I STILL can't get the little nugget to eat any sweets.  Yes, I blame it all on myself but it would be nice to give him a treat every once in a while.  A treat to him is strawberries with a side of green peas.  No joke.  If you tried to give him a chocolate filled cookie he would get highly upset.  A graham cracker is about as close to a cookie as I can get.

Here in the last couple days his speech has really started to come along.  He is the one stating random objects instead of me.  Every bird is a "duckchic", every animal with 4 legs is a dog, anything that you can throw or is round is a ball, and lots of other things is Toshya, but hey, at least he is talking!  As of this morning his new obsession is crayons.  I have a feeling, here pretty soon, all of Carter's toys will have his artwork all over them if we don't watch him closely.

Carter has a little fearless streak in him here lately.  Climbing on anything and everything.  Giving his momma a few minior heart attacks.  One second he is on the floor, the next, he is standing on top of the coffee table.  He get's his little leg popped for it too.....

Nick and I are looking so forward to having a nice peaceful night together when I get off of work.  We are going to try our hardest to put Carter to bed earlier tonight so we can watch a movie and chat.  Both of our work has really made us spend a lot of time away from each other here recently.  And if we are not working, we are trying to let everyone else spend time with Carter so we usually are not home.  Just ONE night we would like to stay home and relax as a family.

We are trying to plan a trip next month and take Carter to the Dallas Aquarium.  The kid loves his fish tanks.  I think he would love it.  We are so in need of a mini-vacation/get out of Nashville trip.  We are hoping to find time that we both can take off at the same time for it.  Slim chance, though.

Well, I came up with more to talk about than I thought I would...not that any of it amounts to anything significant.  Sorry 'bout that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment