Sunday, May 12, 2013

Warrior Dash and Mother's Day

AD and I ran in the Warrior Dash yesterday.  It. Was. Hard.  A heck of a whole lot harder than last year's.  There was a lot more up hill and yeah.....we almost didn't make it.  We did do some walking up some of the huge hills but I bet only a handful of people didn't.  We beat our time from last year, which was our goal.  It was a ton of fun and I am proud of us.  Being able to roll around in mud as an adult is awesome. The only thing missing was my Toshya. 

 
We have two more 5k's this month so there are no breaks for us!!  Back at it Monday.
 
It's Mother's Day and I am feeling extra blessed.  I have a great mom and I get to be a mom to such a handsome and great kid.  Seriously, who couldn't love this precious face?
 
 
And guess who all of a sudden (in the last 2 days) has decided to start talking?  No sentences or a whole lot more words, but saying words on command.  If he sees something that he knows how to say, he will say it without me asking him to.  Just this week alone he has learned two more words (ship and flag).  It is so nice to hear his voice and watch him become more confident.  Just a week ago he would try to run from me if I asked him to say something and now he is saying words every time I ask him to.  I think it's just God's way of saying, "I got this, just enjoy him and stop worrying".  He does still have his hearing test and speech evaluation Tuesday, but I'm very confident that he will just keep improving quickly.
 
Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's out there.  Today is a special day!  I can't wait to get off work so I can spend the day with my mom and a little boy that made me a mother!
 
 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment