Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tired

This momma is whooped.  AD and I left the house yesterday at 7:45 a.m. to head to Magnolia to play in a softball tournament.  We have not played in a tournament since last summer and I have forgotten how exhausting it is.  Outside in the hot hot hot sun all day (that had to give me 3rd degree burns on my face, arms, and legs) sweating, and constantly on my feet.  It's also hitting home that I can't move like I used to.  Getting older is terrible.  I had so much fun, but that was a very long day.  We got 3rd place out of 16 teams. WHOOP WHOOP!!  We finally made it back to Nashville around 12:15 a.m., I got in bed at 1:30 then had to be up at 5:00 to come to work.

We have joined a co-ed softball league in Hot Springs where we play 2 games every Wednesday night.  I can handle two games in a week....but 5-6 games in a day??  Crazy.

Big huge shout out to my parents!!  Dad covered my night shift last night and mom kept Carter so I could go play and have a good time.  They are the best!  I know my mom is tired.  She took both of her two year old grandsons to a birthday party and baby shower.  She's a trooper.

I'm ready for 2:00 so I can spend the rest of the day with my boy.  COME ON 2!!!

Also, celebrating my Nana's 72nd birthday tonight.  If only I could be as active as her at 72!  That's my wish.  She's nothing short of an amazing woman.  I have said it 100 times and I will say it again.  She is my definition of a hero, and she is most definitely mine.  Love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment