Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When it rains, it pours!

For my college graduation two years ago, my parents got me my dream car.  It's a charcoal colored tahoe with chrome accents and 20 inch rims.  It's been my dream car since I can remember.  I always pictured black and chrome in my head but the color I have is much prettier.  Anyways, when we got it, it was in perfect condition.  All of a sudden I just realized how much stuff has gone wrong with it.  They are easy fixes, thank goodness!  The driver's side outside mirror is not moving, the backseat passenger side door will not open from the inside, I just had to replace the windshield, my tire monitor says I have a low right back tire (but the 10 minit lube says it's a malfunction), the sun blocker thingy at the outside top of my window is flopping in the wind.  Yeah, you see what I mean when I say when it rains, it pours?!  York Gary is picking it up from work today to fix everything.  I'm sure that will be a pretty little bill!  Maybe Nick will think I'm worth it and pay it for me.



Our dinner date with our nice couple went very well.  We really enjoyed their company.  They are from Missouri.  Nick made best friends with them.  They own lots of land that have lots of deer and turkey on it.  They told Nick to come up and hunt any time.  I don't think they know what they have given him permission to do.  They really don't understand that they will have him in their extra room at least twice a year from here on out.   They are very gernerous people like that and I believe that they they would welcome us with open arms every month if we wanted to. 

Carter didn't get to go with us.  He was still a little coughy and congested so we left him with my parents.  He got spoiled, petted, and played with the entire time.  BR is crazy about his "buddy tough".  And Mia loves "Mia's Boy."


Dad just talks to him and Carter talks right back.  Two peas in a pod right there.


Here recently Carter had been doing this weird thing with his hands while he drinks a bottle.  He was holding his own bottle there for a second and then he started doing this:


He is holding his nose and trying to scratch his left eye every time.  Silly boy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment