Monday, August 29, 2011

My Weekend

I had a pretty good weekend for the most part.  We went out and ate with some really good friends of ours, Cody and Callie Parker.  Carter and Ava seemed liked they really enjoyed their date.  Before we went over there, we had to pick out something that really looked sharp on Carter.  I think that Ava thought he was very handsome, which is what we were going for :) 


Carter thought that she was beautiful as well. 

Before we went out and ate we went to their house to chat for a little while and to decide where we wanted to go eat, which ended up being Sheeba's in Hope (Delicious!!!).  Ava got a new toy that Carter had to try out.  He loved it and we are thinking we are going to have to get him one.  He has one, but this one is much cooler and bounces higher with lots more gadgets on it.  And every time it bounces it makes animal noises.  I kinda wish I could fit in it. 



As you can see we had to modify because he not quite long enough yet!

Saturday Carter and I went to a wedding shower.  Carter loved all the attention that all of the beautiful women gave him.  He loves to show out and smile for everyone.  After that, Carter and I made the dreadful trip to Walmart.  I had put it off way too long.  I usually have someone that could watch him while I go, but not this time.  Toshya was in Colorado, Nick was working, Mom was at the shower, Nana went to Texarkana, and Nick's parents went to Conway to see Nolan.  Carter did wondeful though and I made a complete fool of myself.  I had Carter in his car seat placed where the little kids are supposed to sit.  Of course I can't see over the seat very well because I am short.  I ran into the HUGE display of DVDs in the middle of an isle.  And then did the whole nervous laugh really loud trying not to make myself look as stupid, which didn't help at all.  After that, I left my wallet at the checkout counter and realized it when I got out to my car.  That's why I hate hate hate Walmart.  Something always goes wrong.

We missed church Sunday morning because in a matter of about 4 hours, Carter got a cold.  His chest was very bad congested.  I had to make yet another Walmart trip Sunday morning to get a vaporizer and some liquid steam medicine.  Carter and I hung out in his room literally all day and watched cartoons while breathing in the steam.  I didn't get any sleep last night because everytime he coughed, which was every 3 minutes, he got alittle choked because he was coughing up so much junk.  I had to lift up his head and pat his back.  Nick was also sick, so he was fending for himself.

I have had a wonderful Monday so far.  This sweet, sweet couple that my Nana and I met at the Women's College Softball World Series in Oklahoma City two years ago from MO made a trip down here to hunt for diamonds and to visit.  This has made my month!  I love talking to them.  They are very down to earth people that make you feel like you have known them your whole life.  They were pleased to know that I had gotten married and had Carter.  I can't wait until they meet my little family.  We are going out to eat with them tonight.

Carter and I started this new workout video that we can do together.  I thought it would be pretty easy and not very hard, but I can tell you that I could only do about 10 minutes of it and I was very sore for about 3 days after.  It's full of arm workouts, lunges, squats, ect.  It is really good and Carter loves it!  You should try it if you have a little one.



  

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Your Wal-Mart trip sounds a lot like mine! :) The workout thing sounds interesting, but I think Will is getting too fat to lift in the air. He is 20lbs already! Lol! He would break my arms. I hope Carter is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I thought about you and Keatha after I had posted this. I figured you two might want to just purchase dumbells and have your boys watch you. haha. It really is hard. Carter is only 14 pounds and I couldn't do it all. Not even close to it all.

    ReplyDelete