Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Fitness Journey

My name is Catherine and I am 26 years old.  I am married to the love of my life, Nick, and I have a son that just turned 3.  I'm slowly but surely coming to the realization that I do not have a baby anymore.
 Let's go back 8 years ago to when I was in high school.  I was always in some kind of sport.  Sometimes I had two seasons going on at the same time.  Basketball, softball, track and I was a cheerleader and in gymnastics even before that.  I was so active constantly!!  I did not even know what a diet was.  I ate like a horse.  My weight was sitting at 123.
 
I then went and played softball at a D1 school in college in 2006.  Loved it!!  I still ate what I want when I wanted to.  The freshman 15 never found me.  I gained a few pounds but it was only muscle from lifting weights so often.  I gained to 128.


I graduated in 2009 and got married to Nick, who I had been dating for about 4 years.  Four short months later we found out we were having a baby!!
 
 

April 21 was the best day of my entire life.  We brought a little boy into the world and we were so in love with him.  We took him home and felt so blessed.
 

 

Carter was definitely not the easiest baby.  He had 104 fever every other week, so we were at the doctor at least every other week.  Since he was always sick, he never slept good….therefore momma didn’t sleep good.  There was nothing we could ever do to make him feel better.  LOTS of trips to children’s for different appointments, to different doctors, trying to figure out what was causing all of his sickness. He ended up having 3 surgeries in 6 short months.  Stressful didn’t even begin to describe it.   
 
 

 
I began to stress eat.  I found myself eating at McDonalds every single day.  I also found myself not happy.  My attitude began to be horrible with everyone I came into contact with. 
Even after Carter was all better, I still had the habit of turning to food when it came to anything.  I would let so many things make me mad and I made a big deal about everything.  I would have to get up an hour early before work just to find something that would fit me.  None of my clothes fit and there were many mornings where I would sit in my room and cry because I had gotten so big.
I ate a lot of this
and this
 
 
I was completely disgusted with myself.  I no longer wanted to go out to different functions or even go shopping because I knew it would only make me more depressed than I already was. 
My son would beg me to get off the couch and play with him but I literally had no energy or want to to do anything.  I knew I had to make a change.  But as I said before, I had never had to deal with this and I didn’t even know where to start.  I was so lost.
 


I tried the gym thing.  It was like having to pack to go camping with a baby.  Plus since he was always sick I could ever stick to it because he was my first priority of course.
Then one day I was scrolling through Facebook and saw a video of a mom working out in her living room with her baby watching her.  I got the courage to message her and she told me about some home workouts that were available to me and she also introduced to me Shakeology.  I told her to tell me how I can get my hands on this stuff and she hooked me up.  I have never looked back since.
I started out introducing this guy as my personal trainer into my living room
 
I started out very slow, because I had become so out of shape.  I couldn't even do one single push up on my toes.  But I kept at it.  I didn't give up.  I kept seeing my family in my mind and instead of making them my excuse like I had before, I made them my reason.  They kept me going.  I got faster and stronger.
 
I got better, but no where near where I wanted to be.
 
 
I decided to take the next step up and introduced Tony Horton into my life and living room as my new trainer. 
 
I started eating a lot of this
 
 
and this
 



 
I also drank this every day

 
 

I got fast, I got strong, and I EARNED my new transformation
 
 
I am still not where I want to be yet.  I am still writing my story every day.  This is not something that is temporary for me.  This is my new lifestyle.  Did it happen overnight?  No.  Was it easy?  Heck no!  Was it worth it? Yes. Yes. Yes. 
 
I can't tell you the feeling that I even get writing this.  I feel now that I can accomplish anything if I set my mind to it.  I have gained happiness, energy, a better attitude towards people and life in general, and confidence.  Not to mention a bikini ready body for my cruise that I am going on this month.
 
 
Shortly after I started my programs, I knew I needed more.  I wanted to help others achieve the goals that I had reached myself.  I wanted others to feel the happiness that I do.  So I became a Beachbody coach.  One of the best decisions that I have ever made.  It feels nice reaching my fitness goals, but when I help others do it, it's a whole new world.  It brings me so much joy.  Just inspiring you guys and knowing that I am helping you....IT'S SO MUCH FUN!!  If you would like to join my team by helping others please reach out to me.  I will work closely with you to make sure you are being successful.  I will bring you to the top with me, because that's where I am going.
 
Thank you for reading. Much love to each and every one of you!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment